Sunday, December 30, 2018

#MustReadin2018 ~ Final Update


It's time to update my #MustReadin2018 progress!  I am grateful for Carrie Gelson and the #MustRead community for encouraging me to make a reading plan for the year and track my progress.  2018 was a very busy year personally and professionally, so I wasn't surprised that I did not meet my #MustRead goal.  As I reflected on my reading more closely this week, I felt better about my progress when I realized that I did read more than 21 books this year, but many of the books were not included on my #MustReadin2018 list.  I'm excited to participate in #MustReadin2019, but I plan to be more realistic in my plan to account for new books that find their way into my TBR stack!

Books on #MustReadin2018 List That I Finished
The War I Finally Won ~ One of my favorite book series!  I highly recommend the sequel to The War That Saved My Life.




Just Like Jackie ~ One of my favorite heart print books of 2018!  I can't wait for Lindsey Stoddard's next book in 2019.



Fenway and Hattie: Up to New Tricks Grace and I are huge fans of Fenway and Hattie!  We've read every book in this adorable series.




You Go First ~ I really enjoyed this book by Newbery Winner, Erin Estrada Kelly.  I also loved reading Hello Universe this year even though it was not included on my #MustRead list.


Student Centered Coaching  ~ In my role as an instructional coach, I've been doing a lot of professional reading this year.  I also enjoyed Leading Student Centered Coaching: Building Principal and Coach Partnerships.

The Honest Truth - I've become a huge Dan Geminhart fan this year.  The Honest Truth was actually a book recommendation from my son.  I absolutely loved this book and plan to read more by Dan Gemeinhart in 2019.



Grump ~ Grace and I enjoyed reading Grump this summer.  It's our new favorite in this collection by Liesl Shurtliff.



Bob ~ I actually read this book twice this month. After I finished reading it the first time, I knew that Grace would love this story, too.  Bob is a special book that middle grade readers will love.


Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus ~ Aven Green is one of my favorite book characters of 2018.



Books I Loved in 2018 That Were Not Included in My #MustReadin2018 Stack
These seven books are some of my favorite books from 2018. In hindsight, I wish I would have included them on my #MustRead list, but I'm so glad that they found their way into my reading stack!










Books Still in My Stack From My #MustReadin2018 Collection
Although I didn't find time in 2018 to read these books, I plan to keep them in my TBR stack!

Sticks and Stones


One Amazing Elephant


The List



Smart Cookie


Granted


The Train of Lost Things


Good Dog




Breakout

The Truth as Told by Mason Buttle



When Writers Drive the Workshop

Readers Front and Center
What Readers Really Do


1 comment:

  1. You have some good ones that I have read and some that I want to read! I love anything by Dan Gemeinhart and since John Anderson is a fellow Hoosier, I love everything he writes! But I have not read Granted.The same with Barbara O'Connor - love, love, love her books. Such a great list read and to read!

    ReplyDelete